Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: A Generic Questionaire

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A development of Souljackers idea, except with better questions biggrin

    How many films have you made?

    Give us a sample film title of yours?

    What?s your favorite line or shot in one of your films?

    Have you ever shot a documentary?

    What format do you primarily use?

    How long have you been in the game?

    Where do you REALISTICALLY see yourself in 10 years?

    How did you find this forum? And why do you keep coming back? Is it for info? Discussion? Agro? Mod?s ?ex girlf??

    If you could have directed a movie over the last 10 years, what would it be?

    Do you think you can write? If so, why?

    How are your lighting skills?

    How are your editing skills?

    Ever been on a pro shoot?

    Are you interested in experimenting with genre, or is there one you?d rather stick with?

    Describe your visual style/editing style in the last film you made?

    What do you see as your strengths/weaknesses?

    Have you ever shot on film?


    I'll go first (gulp)



    ------------------
    Generic Skinhead: just another "know it all, right on film student." www.geocities.com/genskin

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Generic Skinhead:

    How many films have you made? Directed 5, been involved in about 50.

    Give us a sample film title of yours? The After Dice

    What?s your favorite line or shot in one of your films? A pretty cool 180 tracking shot in Exceptional Youngsters.

    Have you ever shot a documentary? Yup, won an award for it too.

    What format do you primarily use? Most of my stuff to this point has been shot on DV.

    How long have you been in the game? "In the game?" What are you on about Skin. 2 years.

    Where do you REALISTICALLY see yourself in 10 years? Having a reasnable indie following, possibley with a limited cinema realease in Ireland/UK.

    How did you find this forum? And why do you keep coming back? Is it for info? Discussion? Agro? Mod?s ?ex girlf?? Found it by accident. Come back for info, but mostly to laugh.

    If you could have directed a movie over the last 10 years, what would it be? Tough question skin...Fight Club

    Do you think you can write? If so, why? Yes I do. What do you mean why? English was my best subject at school.

    How are your lighting skills? I would say they're improving, but a lot to learn yet.

    How are your editing skills? Pretty good, but Steenbeck is a differant story.

    Ever been on a pro shoot? Yes. They were high pressure.

    Are you interested in experimenting with genre, or is there one you?d rather stick with? Definetly down with the experimenting.

    Describe your visual style/editing style in the last film you made? Havent seen the footage from After Dice yet. In Tammy there was a heavy use of montage, and some nice build up. Superb music always makes editing easier.

    What do you see as your strengths/weaknesses? Str= Writing, Editing and potentially directing. Weak= Need to expand my tec knowlege further, also must learn to write less dialogue, which can be a pain to shoot.

    Have you ever shot on film? Yes, just recently. The worst thing is having no idea how its gonna turn out.

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>



    ------------------
    Generic Skinhead: just another "know it all, right on film student." www.geocities.com/genskin

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SoulJacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2001
    Posts
    612
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This has nigh on nothing to do with objectives of MY amazing questionnaire...man these threads are wank, please someone delete them!!

    ------------------
    Jay & Silent Bob DO NOT LICK BALLS.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How many films have you made?
    In total, about 20 shorts, 0 features yet.

    Give us a sample film title of yours?
    The Falling Tree

    What?s your favorite line or shot in one of your films?
    "Right you two, get outta my arse, and get half way down that hill... Well fucking GO then!!"
    Favourite shot is deffinatley the tracking shot of 3 guys running up a hill.

    Have you ever shot a documentary?
    Only a spoof gangster one.

    What format do you primarily use?
    8MM, but now moved on to DV

    How long have you been in the game?
    Since 1998.

    Where do you REALISTICALLY see yourself in 10 years?
    Working for a film company, not sure what position though.

    How did you find this forum? And why do you keep coming back? Is it for info? Discussion? Agro? Mod?s ?ex girlf??
    Mods' ex girlfriend, deffinatley. LoL. Found it through Google. No, there's some good questions around, some nice people, and I like to offer my experience, what there is of it!

    If you could have directed a movie over the last 10 years, what would it be?
    Tremors. Damn, that's slightly out of range. Jurassic Park or Die Hard (any of them)

    Do you think you can write? If so, why?
    Yes I think I can. I used to write stories from the age of 5 but always enjoyed long stories as aposed to short stories. Education allowed me to do many stories, work on styles etc. I used to write for a magazine, i got an A for English at GCSE and writing has always come naturally to me.

    How are your lighting skills?
    Pretty good. I don't know all the names of lights etc, but I've done lighting for several gigs, events etc.

    How are your editing skills?
    When it comes to Adobe Premiere, excellent. I've had version 4 on this PC for about 4 years now, so I know the ropes. I've been using version 5 in school and, i'm not boasting, everyone that's done media has asked me for help - lol.

    Ever been on a pro shoot?
    I stood around and watched them shoot "Sorry" on my street corner. Thats a TV programme, an old one. I've never helped though.

    Are you interested in experimenting with genre, or is there one you?d rather stick with?
    Yes, I love experimenting. Action used to be my favourite (and probably still is) but there are LOTS of other areas that are interesting in genre. Now i've realised dialogue comes in different forms for films. I want to play with them all.

    Describe your visual style/editing style in the last film you made?
    I like capturing action and reaction. Therefore, if something happens, I usually like to capture what the people around it see, do, react etc. That's probably not the right answer. When editing, I try and stick to as close to pro film editing as possible. No shitty transitions etc.

    What do you see as your strengths/weaknesses?
    I see myself as a good director, and an Empire reviewer said I'd make an excellent Director Of Photography. I like doing both, aswell as screenwriting. My weaknesses are deffinatley planning. I never have enough money for it.

    Have you ever shot on film?
    Nope.

    smile
    Mods

    ------------------
    Mark "Mods" Lovegrove
    Anarchy Pictures

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jeez man relax. Im just tryin to find out a little about peoples stuff. Cos on here everyone talks about Fincher or Ratner but who really gives a fuck? Aside from Despin, Mods, Chance, Gwailo, and Miker, I ve seen no examples of the other 90 or so people on the forum's work. Perhaps that is cos, like yourself they have nothing to show.



    ------------------
    Generic Skinhead: just another "know it all, right on film student." www.geocities.com/genskin

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SoulJacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2001
    Posts
    612
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If only you new the trueth...nar.

    ------------------
    Jay & Silent Bob DO NOT LICK BALLS.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    How many films have you made? Nil, None, nine

    Give us a sample film title of yours? Bad Debt is a script in progress

    What?s your favorite line or shot in one of your films? ask me again in august.

    Have you ever shot a documentary? not yet. had a great idea for a short, which is in a documentary sort of style.

    What format do you primarily use?
    DV till I have shed loads of money ( come on you 6 balls )

    How long have you been in the game?
    18 months. ive been on the game longer of course, but lets not get into that

    Where do you REALISTICALLY see yourself in 10 years?
    2 features made, 4 shorts made, a nice 4 bed in the country. maybe a proper film camera thing.

    How did you find this forum? And why do you keep coming back? Is it for info? Discussion? Agro? Mod?s ?ex girlf??
    accident, nothing else to do - I was Mod's ex girlfriend - but the hormone's are kicking in now.

    If you could have directed a movie over the last 10 years, what would it be?
    Matrix, Grand Prix ( that older than 10 years but id remake it ), Spartacus, Full Metal thingy, ryans privates, rocky 1/2, independance day, men in black,

    i know thats more than one,and most of em are 10 years or more old - but have you seen the shit hollywood made since.

    Do you think you can write? If so, why?
    i aktualle went too skool and lernt. and why not.

    How are your lighting skills?
    primitive - just hold the fuckin match still !

    How are your editing skills? awsome, I could fuck anyones work up so bad it would look like a monkey shot it or editid it. wheres my banana

    Ever been on a pro shoot?
    thats a lie, Ive never shot on or in a pro.

    Are you interested in experimenting with genre, or is there one you?d rather stick with?
    whilst i might be curious about that leather n wips thing, id rather read a good book.
    ( might try it whislt wearing leather )
    try everything once, the things that hurt you should do again - just in case you were doing it wrong.

    Describe your visual style/editing style in the last film you made?
    see Q1. sloppy in trials. be nice to slice n dice someone elses work even just to learn

    What do you see as your strengths/weaknesses?
    strength - Yes, anything can be done - including walking on water.
    Weakness - Yes, anything can be done, just keep trying until you can walk on water

    Have you ever shot on film?
    thats another lie, ive never shot on film

    I am givin serious thought to some 8mm silent stuff. - i need a better handle on the implications there of



    ------------------
    Grizz:

    I dont care who wins an Oscar until I do

  8. #8
    slide21
    Guest slide21's Avatar

    Post

    How many films have you made? Written/Directed 12 Shorts.

    Give us a sample film title of yours? Right now I'm making a film tentatively titled "Brink"

    What?s your favorite line or shot in one of your films? (CHRISTIAN loking at an ID card where he is holding a gun in the picture) CHRISTIAN: That was the last picture that dude ever took.
    DALLIN: Why is that? CHRISTIAN: Because, DALLIN, I fuckin--Damn it are you serious?


    Have you ever shot a documentary? Yeah, quite a few.

    What format do you primarily use? DV

    How long have you been in the game? 2 Years

    Where do you REALISTICALLY see yourself in 10 years? Working in advertising

    How did you find this forum? And why do you keep coming back? Is it for info? Discussion? Agro? Mod?s ?ex girlf?? Search engine, I like to discuss random things with even more random people.

    If you could have directed a movie over the last 10 years, what would it be? Snatch!

    Do you think you can write? If so, why?
    I write all of my movies.

    How are your lighting skills? So So, I have a friend help me normally, he is awesome at it.

    How are your editing skills? Great

    Ever been on a pro shoot? Yeah, I was a gopher on "The Way of the Gun" set for about 2 weeks in Salt Lake City, Utah.

    Are you interested in experimenting with genre, or is there one you?d rather stick with? I like doing Horror, Comedy, Action, and Drama.

    Describe your visual style/editing style in the last film you made? It was a documentary on a weekend of a mormon girl, It was a pretty traditional style.

    What do you see as your strengths/weaknesses? Best Strength: Character Development. Biggest Weakness: Orginazation/Scheduling, also it takes me weeks even months to get good shoot locations.

    Have you ever shot on film? Nope, to poor.



    ------------------
    just an american high schooler, makin sweet movies.
    -Slide Pictures-

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Yammeryammeryammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How many films have you made? About 20 shorts. No features.

    Give us a sample film title of yours? "Thursday" "Afterlife"

    What?s your favorite line or shot in one of your films?
    "I am being serious, I'm being dead serious!"
    -The Grim Reaper

    Have you ever shot a documentary? Documentary style, but it was more of a A&E top ten style

    What format do you primarily use? DV

    How long have you been in the game? I don't know how 'in' the game I am. But I've been makin movies on and off for 4 years. More seriously in the last 2

    Where do you REALISTICALLY see yourself in 10 years? I will most likely be working a nonfilmmaking job in a dire and souless effort to make ends meet.

    How did you find this forum? And why do you keep coming back? Is it for info? Discussion? Agro? Mod?s ?ex girlf?? Some people give good advice. The debates can be fun. And I initially came here for a reciept for fake blood.

    If you could have directed a movie over the last 10 years, what would it be?

    Do you think you can write? If so, why? I think I can write. I write the movies I make, and haven't had many complaints.

    How are your lighting skills? Increasing

    How are your editing skills? Usually a joint effort, but we seem to be getting the hang of it.

    Ever been on a pro shoot? Nope.

    Are you interested in experimenting with genre, or is there one you?d rather stick with? I am completely open to experiment with genres. There tend to be quip jokes in my movies, despite the level of drama.

    Describe your visual style/editing style in the last film you made? Contrast. My last movie took place on two separate plains of existance, so I tried to make an effort to show the contrast between the real and ethereal using different filters. Also there is an intense telekenisis scene which took on a jerky fast paced chaotic tone due to the constant action. I am amazed at how badly that answer says what I meant to.

    What do you see as your strengths/weaknesses?
    Strengths: Ingenuity.
    Weaknesses: Compromising artistic integrity for the sake of convenience. Morso concerning locations.

    Have you ever shot on film? Nope. Helped edit a 16mm one once.


    ------------------
    "Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do start to criticize him, you're already a mile away, and you have his shoes."

    -The Creative Genius, or Lack There of behind Stebner Getting Hit By A Car Productions Ltd.

  10. #10
    RoyBaty2002
    Guest RoyBaty2002's Avatar

    Post

    How many films have you made? Two, both pretty bad, but were only shot on dodgy Hi8 cams. Moving up to DV soon...OOOh grown up stuff.

    Give us a sample film title of yours? Grief.

    What?s your favorite line or shot in one of your films? You cant deny that he was a bad fuck, but thats not a reason to beat him to death with a golf club...

    Have you ever shot a documentary? Yes. A shadey LARP outing...I dont want to talk about it.

    What format do you primarily use? Hi8, and wish I didn't....DV come to me now.....

    How long have you been in the game? ??? Im not on the Game...oh right...ahem...been scripting since I was 16.....14 years ago...gulp

    Where do you REALISTICALLY see yourself in 10 years? In 10 years...mmmm... starting prep on my second feature...hey you did say realistically.

    How did you find this forum? And why do you keep coming back? Is it for info? Discussion? Agro? Mod?s ?ex girlf?? Found it tho Exposure site a couple of years back, cant stop, its like a drug.

    If you could have directed a movie over the last 10 years, what would it be? Gladiator, good, sucessful, and it would mean Im Ridley Scott!

    Do you think you can write? If so, why? O and A level English for a start. A writing course from The Writer's Bureau, qualified. And several articles published, more interested in Scripts and Novel though.

    How are your lighting skills? Learning. Trying to find out as much as I can. Know the basics.

    How are your editing skills? Being frustrated by Premiere 6.0. Love and hate collide.

    Ever been on a pro shoot? yes several. As extras, observer and guest. One big Hollywood shoot too. Almost Famous.

    Are you interested in experimenting with genre, or is there one you?d rather stick with? Experiment. Want to cross genres too.

    Describe your visual style/editing style in the last film you made? Shakey. Tried to run before I could walk.

    What do you see as your strengths/weaknesses? Good solid structure, positive ideas, strong willed, and confident in my own abilities.......No real work finished, no true experiance to show.

    Have you ever shot on film? NO

    Hope this is what you want.




    ------------------
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •